Friday, October 18, 2013

PYEWACKETT




It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of one Yog-Blogsoth's official mascots. Pyewackett Peter Cushing passed away this morning due to heart failure. He was an awesome affectionate dude, and the loss is taking it's toll. There will be a brief hiatus before the next half week's illustrations and Illustro Obscurum Volume VI is available....

"For the cat is cryptic, and close to strange things which men cannot see. He is the soul of antique Aegyptus, and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroe and Ophir. He is the kin of the jungle’s lords, and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa. The Sphinx is his cousin, and he speaks her language; but he is more ancient than the Sphinx, and remembers that which she hath forgotten."
H.P. Lovecraft, The Cats Of Ulthar 

8 comments:

  1. may your cat rest in peace, as all great sphinxes should

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Collin...it's been a rough day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am saddened by your loss. This picture of Pyewackett cracked me up when you posted it back in August. It seems he was loved and enjoyed a good life while in your care. No cat could ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My cats are family members to me, and their passing is always a heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sympathy. May Bastet welcome Pyewackett home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, I still miss my departed cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the kind words..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear this... love the photos of him you've posted, though. The animals we bring into our lives become family in a very real sense.

    ReplyDelete