Friday, August 19, 2016

MEDUSE

MEDUSE
"The Meduse were hovering less than a foot away."

"I could hear the others, their near substantial bodies softly rustling as their transparent domes filled with and released the gas they breathed back in. They were as tall as grown men, their dome's flesh thing as fine silk, their long tentacles spilling down to the floor like a series of gigantic ghostly noodles."

"The thing that tore through was like a sword, but thin as paper...and grasped like a finger. I saw it pinch and hook to the flesh near his collarbone."

"The Meduse followed me, their tentacles caressing the floor as they floated. They had no eyes, but from what I knew of the Meduse, they had scent receptors on their tentacles."

"I could see its solid white stinger within the drapes of hanging tentacles."
Nnedi Okorafor, Binti

No comments:

Post a Comment